Dr. Adam Friend
Ophthalmologist, Eye Surgeon
Adam S. Friend, M.D.
Ophthalmologist, Eye Surgeon
Dr. Adam S. Friend joined the practice in 1998 and became the surgeon for Eye Care Associates of New Jersey. Whether in the operating room or the office, he enjoys the camaraderie of his patients and co-workers. He loves the many technologic advances in the field of ophthalmology and attends courses around the country in order to bring those techniques to his patients.
We combine our unique personal touch with the most modern technology, years of experience, and advanced fellowship training to provide the best possible eye care…
After graduating from the Ivy League’s Brown University, Adam attended the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He interned at the New Rochelle Hospital Medical Center before completing his ophthalmology residency at the State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, where he was elected Administrative Chief Resident his senior year. Afterwards, he did fellowship training in cornea surgery and disease at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and became Board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
Adam regularly lectures in the community about eye diseases and treatments. He is a member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He currently serves as medical director of the Bergen Passaic Cataract Surgery & Laser Center and is the former Associate Director of Ophthalmology at the Valley Hospital. He is a past recipient of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and Engineering Mass Media Fellowship and had volunteered his time and expertise as a participant in the Volunteer Health Program’s charitable mission to Honduras.
Dr. Adam S. Friend relishes spending time with his wife and three young sons and enjoys playing softball, travelling, and SCUBA diving.
Dr. Adam S. Friend’s Curriculum Vitae
- Private Practice, Eye Care Associates of New Jersey, Ophthalmologist/Eye Surgeon, 1998 – present
Academic and Administrative Appointments
- Medical Director, Bergen-Passaic Cataract and Laser Surgery Center, 2010 – present
- Associate Director, Department of Ophthalmology, Valley Hospital, New Jersey, 2004 – 2008
- Lecturer, Centro de Oftalmologico de Valencia (2nd Reunion), Venezuela, 1998
- Administrative Chief Resident, SUNY Brooklyn, 1996 – 1997
- Doctor of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 1993
- Bachelor of Arts, Major in Biology, Brown University, Rhode Island, 1989
- Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, New Jersey
- Internal Medicine, New Rochelle Hospital Medical Center, 1993-1994
- Ophthalmology, SUNY Brookly, New York, 1994-1997
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 1997-1998
Honors and Awards
- Healthgrades Honor Roll
- Patient’s Choice Award (2013)
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013-2014)
- Diplomat, American Board of Ophthalmology
- Member, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Member, New Jersey Academy of Ophthalmology
- English (fluently read and write)
- Spanish (conversational, medical)
- Cataract Removal Surgery
- Contact Lens Services
- Cornea Surgery
- Cornea Transplant
- Eyelid Surgery
- Glaucoma Surgery
- Ocular Surface Reconstruction
- Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
- YAG Laser Capsulotomy
Get a Complimentary LASIK Consultation
Get a FREE LASIK Consultation to find out if LASIK is an option for you.
You and your LASIK-interested friends may come as a group and get a
FREE LASIK Group Rapid Consult